Date: Friday, August 14, 2020
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: King Center at Auraria Campus, 855 Lawrence Way #145, Denver, CO 80204
Drupal, an open source content management system, is used to make many of the websites and applications you use every day. Drupal has great standard features, like easy content authoring, reliable performance, and excellent security.
In this training, Pantheon’s expert Drupal instructors will walk you through the essentials of creating your first Drupal website. By the end, you’ll have an understanding of Drupal’s fundamental building blocks and a working sandbox on Pantheon that you can continue to use for as long as you like. From there, you can continue to explore at your own pace with our recommended self-serve training resources.
What you'll learn
- Drupal Basics: Discover why Drupal has become one of the biggest CMSs and how you can leverage the Drupal community on your next project.
- Content Types & Fields: These building blocks of Drupal allow you to create and manage complex data structures with an easy UI.
- Dynamic Lists: You’ll learn how to use Views, a UI-driven query builder, to generate dynamic pages and blocks that can be reused throughout your site.
- Q&A: We'll spend a portion of the time answering any questions you have around the essentials of Drupal.
Who should attend
No prior experience with Drupal or web development is necessary. All are welcome.
The eight-hour course consists of topic-driven lectures and step-by-step exercises delivered online. Some typical attendees of past events have been:
- Drupal-Curious Developers - Ever wonder how to build sites with Drupal?
- Junior Developers - Anyone getting started with web development will learn the foundations of Drupal.
- Web Team Members - Project Managers, Site Builders, QA testers and anyone else who works with a Drupal site building team.
Engagement Manager at Pantheon
As a kid, I loved writing code so much that I filled many notebooks with handwritten code. I started freelancing in high school, I found I was building the same solutions repeatedly, and began building my own CMS. Then I discovered open source, and never looked back. Today I'm privileged to work for a company delivering a leading WebOps experience for Drupal and WordPress websites
Developer Programs Engineer at Pantheon
Fatima works on developer tools and training at Pantheon. When she's not giving talks at conferences or volunteering, she's playing board games, hanging out at Cat Town, or going on adventures in her new home base, California.
Better known as sugaroverflow on the internets, Fatima is deeply committed to making technology spaces more inclusive and passionate about open source. She serves as an advisor for Drupal Diversity, volunteers on the DrupalCon Program team, and is a core contribution mentoring lead. In 2018, she was awarded the Women in Communications & Technology Canada's Rising Star leadership award.